Tuesday 1 September 2015

My 6 weeks of Summer.

Well I can honestly say I haven't really had a restful 6 weeks off work over the summer but they have been enjoyable! I am going to share 6 things with you that I have done over the summer (instead of rabbiting on about every single event that happened):

1. I went on holiday for a week to Corfu which was perfection, it was the first week of my summer - which meant I didn't have to wait, but oh my it went quickly!! It was the first holiday my boyfriend and I have been together on, and it was definitely a wonderful week together! 


2. Starting my new summer job at a place called Kick It (a playscheme for children between the ages of 3-14). It has been an absolute pleasure to be part of their working team this summer & I look forward to going back in October - I chose to work there over the summer to get some extra money (saving up for spending money in America), as well as to help myself gain experience with all different age groups of children - supporting me with my teaching career. 

3. Spending time with my family and friends - meeting up for coffee and cake with some of my close ones, as well meals with my family. There is no better time than family time! 

4. Visiting the Parrot Zoo with my boyfriend. I had wanted to visit the Parrot Zoo for months, especially now that they have tigers (including cubs) - so one Sunday, my boyfriend and I drove to Docknohill Road, Near Boston, Lincolnshire to spend a few hours looking round the various animals such as parrots, meerkats, tigers and many more.. It was lovely couple of hours, i'd definitely recommend it!  


5. A successful shopping spree, starting my AW15 wardrobe. I have bought a few new items over the summer - currently waiting for a big delivery from Dorothy Perkins too (oops!). I have purchased a selection of the new Lush bath bombs which I really cannot wait to use, as well as some new jeans ready for the Autumn/Wintery weather. Also a beautiful mustard, navy & cream tartan scarf - it's so warm & soft!! 

6. And of course.. Relaxing!! The days I've had off work and over the weekend's I have taken the opportunity to relax - whether on my own or with company, it has been nice to have the chance to put my feet up occassionally & rest (especially with the long working days from 8-6 during the week)!

..& the 6 weeks of Summer have suddenly come to an end! Back to reality tomorrow & of course - the count down begins to the next break!! 

Have you had a busy summer? If so, done anything? Visited anywhere interesting? 

Bethany x



No comments:

Post a Comment